- Alle samlinger (4,296), Books from a Completed Continuing Series (6), Why, oh why? (1), Sent to Siberia (45), Read (1,705), Next Purchase! (5), Headed for Siberia? (153), Keepers (1,062), To Be Re-Read (72), Used to be in my library (90), Non-Fiction (1,454), Fiction (2,499), Culled (88), Books I Am Planning To Borrow From The Kindle Library (1), Christmas Swap Wishlist (10), Google Books (10), Folio Society (11), Continuing Series (1,015), eBooks (27), Books I am Planning to Take out of the Public Library (352), Audio Books (134), Recommended by someone on LT (665), Gone on Sabbatical (14), Gave Away (35), Kindle (194), The Kingdom of Meh (54), The Bad, The Vile and The Worst (33), Loaned out (7), Wishlist (1,249), Dit bibliotek (2,323), Læser for øjeblikket (13), Skal læses (756), Læst, men ikke ejet (303), Favoritter (173), Recovered books (1)
- Fiction (2,499), Non-Fiction (1,513), Continuing Series (1,059), TBR (788), Not Mine (316), Historical Fiction (301), History (297), Fiction - Historical Fiction (241), Gift (237), Kindle (188), Mystery (184), They Made A Movie From It (166), 19th century (161), American Civil War (152), Fantasy (151), Fiction - Classic (145), Classic - English (140), borrowed from the NBFPL (126), Fiction - Mystery (122), Fiction - Fantasy (113), Memoir (100), England (99), Audio Book (86), Literature (86), Reference (86), 18th century (84), Borrowed from Overdrive (77), America (77), Classic - American (76), Donated (70), Biography (65), NY Times Book Review (62), France (57), The Kingdom of Meh (52), Non-Fiction - History (50), 17th century (50), Scotland (47), Children's (44), Non-Fiction - Memoir (43), Early Reviewer (42), Book Club (41), WWII (37), True Crime (36), rec by Chatterbox (36), Cooking (35), Horror (34), Audible.com (34), rec by Smiler69 (33), Hamish MacBeth (31), rec by susanj67 (31), Crime (31), Fiction - Horror (31), rec by cameling (30), History - Social (30), 20th century (30), Cozy Mystery (29), Major/Important Battles (28), Fiction - Cozy Mystery (28), Social History (28), YA (27), Humor (26), Donated to Wilks Branch Library (26), Historical Romance (25), rec by richardderus (25), rec by TrishNYC (24), Romance (24), rec by alcottacre (24), Suspense (24), Fiction - Children's (23), rec by Chatterbox - List 2 (23), Hercule Poirot (23), New England (23), rec by Whisper1 (22), ultb (22), Disaster (21), Fiction - Crime (21), Massachusetts (21), French Revolution (21), Dysfunctional Families (21), Religion (21), from Westport (21), Short Stories (21), Non-Fiction - Biography (21), rec by Chatterbox - List 3 (20), Slavery (20), Animals (19), Richard Sharpe Books (19), Historical Fiction/Mystery (19), Commissario Brunetti (19), Fiction - Romance (18), Omnibus (18), London (18), American Indians (18), Murder (18), Fiction - Humor (17), BAC (2015) (17), Virginia (17), Fiction - Suspense (17), Fiction - Historical Fiction/Mystery (17), Classic (17), British Navy (17), Science Fiction (17), Specialty Cookbook (17), Wellington (17), Vampires (16), Antiques (16), Napoleon (16), Classic - French (16), Fiction - Historical Romance (16), Travel (16), Dystopian (16), Colonial America (16), Fiction - Science Fiction (15), Cats (15), found on Chatterbox's thread (15), Stephanie Plum (15), WWI (15), 16th century (15), Cooper-Hewitt Museum (15), American West (15), rec by - everyone (15), American Revolution (15), Lynley/Havers Mysteries (14), rec by sibyx (14), Africa (14), Western (14), rec by susanj67 - Group 2 (14), Essays (14), Spain (13), BAC (2016) (13), Social (13), Canada (13), India (13), Fiction of the Very Worst Kind (13), Elinor Frolio Library (12), Companion Novel (12), Alan Lewrie Naval Adventures (12), Language (12), They Made A TV Series From It (12), Non-Fiction - True Crime (12), rec by msf59 (12), rec by Paul Cranswick (12), Borrowed from Libby (12), Medicine (12), Death (12), Peninsular War (12), Pulitzer Prize (12), New Orleans (11), rec by susanj67- Group 4 (11), Folio Society (11), Outlander (11), Fiction - Western (11), Fiction - YA (11), How To (11), American Cities (11), rec by susanj67 - Group 7 (11), Women's Lives (11), Roxanne Coady Podcast (11), Politics (11), Poetry (11), Over-sized Book (11), History - America (10), Biography (American Civil War General) (10), History - True Crime (10), Fiction - Companion Novel (10), Australia (10), Fiction - Dystopian (10), ARC (10), King Arthur (10), They Made A PBS Mini-Series From It (10), Inherited (10), China (10), Ireland (10), rec by souloftherose (10), Biography (English Writer) (10), Europe (10), rec by Chatterbox - List 4 (10), rec by Chatterbox - List 5 (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 8 (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 9 (10), Richmond VA (10), rec by chatterbox - List 7 (10), Boston (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 6 (10), rec by souloftherose - Group 2 (10), rec by Chatterbox - List 6 (10), Russia (10), rec by susanj67 - Group 5 (10), rec by suslyn (9), Classic - Scottish (9), The Story of Civilization (9), Regency (9), Time-Travel (9), They Made More Than One Movie From It (9), PW (9), found on charl08's thread (9), borrowed from Jeanne (9), History - Scotland (9), CAC 2016 (9), Signed (9), Venice (9), New Jersey (9), Italy (9), Miss Marple (9), rec by susanj67 - Group 3 (9), Exploration (9), Fiction - Classic Mystery (9), Hannah Swenson (9), Epistolary (9), Armand Gamache Mysteries (9), Reconstruction (8), Marriage (8), found on souloftherose's thread (8), Animal Memoir (8), rec by charl08 (8), found on susanna.fraser's thread (8), Recipes (8), rec by FlossieT (8), rec by Chatterbox - List 8 (8), rec by TadAD (8), Ancient Britain (8), History - The Story of Civilization (8), Benjamin January (8), History - Disaster (8), Non-Fiction - Disaster (8), borrowed from Jean (8), Gettysburg (8), found on susanj67's thread (7), Harry Potter (7), ebook (7), rec by susanj67 - Group 10 (7), Whaling (7), rec by souloftherose - Group 3 (7), New Bedford (7), e-book (7), Hundred Years War (7), War (7), 18th and 19th centuries (7), The Saxon Tales (7), rec by Cariola (7), Google Book (7), Maine (7), Oprah's Book Club (7), Union Army (7), Trump (7), Necroscope (7), rec by lunacat (7), Lois Meade Mystery (7), Antebellum South (7), Family Saga (7), Families (7), Journal (7), Fairy Tales (7), Poverty (7), Not Good (7), Plymouth Colony (7), History - American West (7), Wales (7), Special Shelf (7), rec by akeela (6), Natural History (6), 15th century (6), Coffee Table Book (6), Humorous (6), Christmas (6), Fantasy of the Very Best Kind (6), Favorites (6), audio book (6), Dogs (6), Quakers (6), Ancient Rome (6), The Terror (6), A Song of Ice and Fire (6), Dublin Murder Squad (6), Science (6), Currently Reading (6), Art (6), Classic - Canadian (6), Dysfunctional Marriage (6), Non-Fiction - Social History (6), Biography (English King) (6), English Civil War (6), Farming (6), History - England (6), Chet and Bernie (6), Old West (6), American South (6), rec by blackdogbooks (6), Deborah Knott Mysteries (6), Non-Fiction - Science (6), New York City (6), Germany (6), Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch (6), Non-Fiction - Travel (6), Rec by susana.fraser (6), Hank the Cowdog (6), My 6th Thingaversary Book (6), rec by TinaV (5), Biography (American President) (5), Afghanistan (5)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- 50 Book Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, 75 Books Challenge for 2019, 75 Books Challenge for 2020, 75 Books Challenge for 2021, 75 Books Challenge for 2022, All Things Cricket, All Things New England, American Revolution & Founding Fathers History, Awful Lit., Club Read 2011, Folio Society Devotees, Go Review That Book!, Group Reads - Literature, Historical Fiction, Monthly Author Reads, Name that Book, Non-Fiction Readers, Playing games and solving puzzles, Reviews of Early Reviewers Books, Reviews reviewed, Unique Library Thing Book Group, What Are You Reading Now?
- Kommet til
- Apr 8, 2007
- About My Library
- Books, books, books! At Christmastime and birthdays, no one in my family bothers to ask me anything but what titles I want this time around. I'm the easiest person in the family to buy for. Some years I get every single one on the list! To me there is nothing better than the getting of books. The days when the big boxes from Scholastic showed up are just about my only good memories from grade school. Daddy's flashlight always disappeared on those nights. I just couldn't go to sleep with all those unread books in the house.
Most of the books in my library are ones I have collected. A few of them belonged to my parents, (that explains the coffe table books - my father loved coffee table books), grandparents and - in the case of a very few - great grandparents. In general, once I've acquired it, I cannot bear to get rid of a book which would explain a few of the very rotten ones that appear here. One time I did dispose of a book about vampires in S.E. New England in which the author appeared to be so desperate for things to write about that he actually used up a paragraph or so describing the upholstery on the chairs in the library where he was supposed to be doing research.
I love historical fiction and history, but I'm not really picky. I've got a few poetry books, but I must confess that I don't really like poetry much at all. I've got a number of odd little books that people seem to beleive that I must have strictly because they are about cats and I have a cat. (I have a car but I don't want any books about automobiles.) Nevertheless I will probably always keep the cat books. And the poetry books. And the coffe table books.
I don't much care about the condition of a book when I'm in a buying mood - which is almost all of the time - just so long as there isn't any actual blood or barf on or in it. The neatest thing I ever discovered in a book that I bought was the unexpected autograph of the author - one of my favorites - Nigel Tranter. I was very thrilled. The strangest thing I ever found in a book was a cash register receipt belonging to the original purchaser of the book WITH HIS ENTIRE MASTERCARD CREDIT CARD NUMBER printed on it!!! I hope that the bookstore in the Edmonton International Airport has since changed this feature.
I've tried to rate most of my books. The ones that I have not are ones that 1. I haven't read yet or 2. ones that I read so long ago I can't quite recall what it was that I thought about them at the time. Probably some of the ratings are a bit over-generous and I may re-think them at some future point. There are some books tagged Not Mine that are, well, not mine - ones I read at the urging of friends or family but that I don't want to own.
Here is the link for my 2011 75 Book Challenge thread: http://www.librarything.com/topic/104720
- About Me
- Southeastern Massachusetts
- Er ved at læse
- The Joy of Politics: Surviving Cancer, a Campaign, a Pandemic, an Insurrection, and Life's Other Unexpected Curveballs af Amy Klobuchar
- Tracy Chevalier, Bernard Cornwell, George Eliot, John R. Erickson, Lynn Flewelling, Diana Gabaldon, Elizabeth Gaskell, Parke Godwin, Barbara Hambly, Thomas Hardy, Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, Dewey Lambdin, Louise Penny, Nathaniel Philbrick, John Prebble, Judith Merkle Riley, Mari Sandoz, Tom Rob Smith, Josephine Tey, Nigel G. Tranter, Barbara W. Tuchman, James Welch
- Local Favorites
- Interesting Library
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.