- Alle samlinger (12,276), Books (12,226), Signed (2,074), In Case of Fire (141), Dit bibliotek (12,272), Ebooks (181), Læser for øjeblikket (52), Read in 2023 (26), Read in 2022 (37), Read in 2021 (34), Read in 2020 (48), Read in 2019 (23), Read in 2018 (15), Read in 2017 (29), Read in 2016 (28), Read in 2015 (24), Read in 2014 (29), Read in 2013 (70), Read in 2012 (69), Read in 2011 (51), Read in 2010 (48), Read in 2009 (17), Read in 2008 (10), Recently Read (468), Recently re-read (49), Comic Books (49), Recovered books (1)
- fantasy (3,765), mystery (3,483), science fiction (2,654), signed (2,086), read (1,994), fiction (1,833), uk mystery (658), uk fantasy (648), espionage (629), signed first edition (548), arc (398), uk science fiction (363), sprayed edges (321), graphic novel (311), westerns (309), uk fiction (268), men's adventure (263), historical fiction (258), uk historical fiction (253), dated (207), ebook (178), hard case crime (166), pulp (157), eARC (144), fantasy anthologies (135), lined (130), science fiction anthologies (120), box 61 (114), first/first (112), box 64 (110), box 17 (109), box 70 (109), uk espionage (107), mystery anthologies (107), thriller (107), box 69 (107), box 50 (106), box 71 (105), historical mystery (104), box 66 (103), YA (103), box 39 (103), nautical fiction (99), box 67 (97), read 2008 (96), box 14 (95), box 65 (94), box 11 (94), box 25 (94), steampunk (91), box 16 (91), canadian fantasy (91), box 32 (86), box 63 (83), box 06 (83), box 62 (82), box 12 (82), box 72 (79), box 04 (78), box 46 (77), box 30 (77), box 40 (77), box 68 (75), box 15 (75), box 01 (74), box 08 (72), box 43 (70), box 45 (70), box 19 (70), box 59 (69), box 09 (69), box 41 (68), doc savage (68), box 56 (67), read 2013 (67), box 58 (67), box 35 (67), australian fantasy (66), box 27 (66), read 2012 (66), box 18 (66), box 57 (66), box 54 (65), uk historical mystery (64), box 37 (63), box 03 (63), box 24 (62), box 28 (62), box 60 (62), box 34 (62), box 51 (61), not for young'uns! (61), box 33 (61), box 44 (61), box 53 (61), box 48 (61), box 23 (60), box 13 (60), read 2011 (60), read 2007 (59), box 26 (59), martial arts (59), box 10 (58), box 42 (58), box 21 (58), box 52 (58), box 02 (57), box 55 (57), box 29 (57), comic books (56), box 36 (56), box 38 (56), box 22 (55), box 31 (55), box 49 (53), horror (53), read 2010 (50), box 05 (49), box 20 (49), finance/investing (48), British Library Crime Classics (48), read 2009 (47), tbb (45), malazan (45), box 47 (43), assassins (43), vampires (42), goldsboro (39), read 2020 (38), read in 2022 (38), historical fantasy (37), read in 2021 (36), australian mystery (35), swedish mystery (35), adventure (34), read 2019 (34), norwegian mystery (33), liaden universe (33), super-powers (32), fantasy collections (32), science fiction collections (31), noir (31), illumicrate (31), women of sundry hues (31), read 2016 (30), south african mystery (29), 2642 (28), read in 2023 (28), read 2014 (28), history (28), read 2017 (27), the avenger (27), remainder mark (25), milo march (25), high adventure for adults (24), sports (23), norse (23), irish mystery (23), australian science fiction (22), french mystery (22), new zealand fantasy (22), reference (22), teen fantasy (21), canadian science fiction (21), doodled (21), subterranean press (20), russian mystery (20), sfbc (20), repairman jack (20), polish fantasy (19), japanese mystery (18), just speculation (17), stamped (17), signed bookplate (17), read 2018 (17), biography (16), read 2015 (16), limited edition (16), fantasy collection (16), mystery collections (15), the shadow (15), crime (15), amos walker (14), american mystery classics (14), nautical (14), george abercrombie fox (14), signed by Joe R. Lansdale (14), commander george gideon (13), limited edition 1444/1500 (13), re-read 2012 (13), parker (12), matt helm (12), jim hardman (12), fairyloot (12), joe gall (12), humor (12), german mystery (12), scottish mystery (12), hump evans (12), fiction anthologies (12), the phantom (12), french fantasy (12), arc finished copy (11), johnny fedora (11), weird westerns (11), re-read 2013 (11), western fantasy (11), art (11), western porn (10), western anthologies (10), uk first/first (10), danish mystery (10), Ed Brubaker (10), shell scott (10), baseball (10), post-apocalyptic (10), harry hole (10), finnish science fiction (10), the wife's (10), drake (10), personalized (9), western (9), icelandic mystery (9), marvel (9), science fiction collection (9), graphic novels (9), spanish mystery (9), carl wilcox (9), hitman (9), chap. book (8), johnny liddell (8), fantasy omnibus (8), limited edition 78/300 (8), canadian mystery (8), WW II (8), alternate history (8), strip (8), finished copy (7), donald lam (7), john craig (7), superheroes (7), bertha cool (7), netherlands mystery (7), limited edition 247/300 (7), sean duffy (7), quarry (7), operator #5 (7), tennis (7), southern mystery (7), russian fantasy (7), uk fantasy collection (7), indian fantasy (7), signed limited edition (7), business/management (7), spanish fiction (7), mark hood (7), stock trading (7), the broken binding (7), shaft (7), wild cards (7), Laura Lippman (7), spoof (7), dragon head sketch (6), ya (6), mystery collection (6), dutch mystery (6), bernie gunther (6), limited edition 47/500 (6), signed by Gregory Benford (6), anderida (6), limited edition 185/350 (6), zimbabwean fantasy (6), asian (6), highlander (6), Gary Phillips (6), science fiction omnibus (6), trace (6), italian mystery (6), uk historical fantasy (6), box (6), world war II (6), uk science fiction collection (6), romantic crime (6), YA fantasy (6), super-heroes (6), re-read 2010 (6), inspector bonaparte (6), french espionage (6), investing (6), science fantasy (6), Reed Farrel Coleman (6), B&N holiday edition (6), jacob asch (5), Jim Fusilli (5), duplicate Iliad didn't want (5), werewolves (5), norse mythology (5), double-signed (5), erast fandorin (5), Jason Starr (5)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- 50-Something Library Thingers, ARC Junkies, Baker Street and Beyond, Book Care and Repair, Book Collectors, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Comics, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Crimespace, Everything Illustration and Comic Art!, FantasyFans, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Historical Fiction, HMS Surprise, Libertarian Science Fiction, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Los Angeles Loves Librarything, Malazan, Modern Collector, Name that Book, New authors first editions, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, Science Fiction Fans, Signed books, Tennis, Tennis, Anyone?, Westerns
- Kommet til
- May 22, 2006
- Real Name
- Only my mother knows for sure
- About My Library
- Hmm...Library. Possibly a bit ambitious because in my mind it connotes not just books (I have enough of those...wait, what am I saying?), but also a certain setting. You know, the built-in shelves, wheeled ladders on rails, fireplace, over-stuffed chair and ottoman, dog, etc. Not particularly original, I know, but it's my idea of how a library should look and what I want for myself, someday (except for the dog; frankly, I'd rather have a cat).
As far as what my library contains, well, it's comprised of about 2/3 mass market fiction and 1/3 trade paper and hardcover fiction, with the occasional business/investment tome thrown in so I can learn just how much money I would have had if not for an irrational need to own books. I've been buying more and more hardcover books the last few years as I've become a more serious "hyper-modern" book collector.
Also, under the "follow the flag" theory of book collecting, the tags for my books reflect--to the best of my knowledge--an author's country of citizenship/birth, rather than the setting of any particular story or series, or the country where the book was published. If there's no country specified, then the author should be American (assuming I didn't screw up or just forget to check, which are strong possibilities). If you spot an error in my tags (or anywhere else, for that matter), feel free to drop me a note, if you have a moment to spare.
Collections is now upon us and it is not exactly what I was hoping it would be. You see, I used to be quite adamant that LT should be about books, and nothing but books. And those books should be owned by an individual or family on LT, rather than an entity, and above all else, those books should be real! But, over the last 3 years (wherein I actually set foot inside a county library and realized modern libraries now contain music, movies, magazines, newspapers and probably more) my conception of what an LT library may contain has expanded to envelop pretty much all printed matter, as well as music, movies and their related ephemera. So, in the spirit of Collections and more expansive libraries, I will be adding CD's and DVD's to LT and I've already begun adding my comic collection. However, there will be no wish lists from me as there does not yet seem to be a way to keep imaginary items from counting toward one's overall library size on the Zeitgeist list, which remains my largest area of dissatisfaction with Collections.
***Update Redux 6/5/10***
Well, individual entry of comics on LT is quite the time consuming task, so I'm slowly adding titles to comicbookdb.com with the intention of importing them here at a later date. However, while comicbookdb is much faster, it's still a dauntingly slow task to enter everything and I've decided to put that on the back burner until I've tagged the whereabouts of all my mass market paperbacks in their respective boxes (23 of around 50 boxes done). DVD's and CD's will come after everything readable has been entered (I fully expect them to be obsolete technology by the time I get to them, heh).
Just a fun fact: On September 15, 2012, I had 7,777 books, of which 777 were signed; kinda wish I could freeze the library right there...
Create your own visitor map!
- About Me
- Age: 56
Status: Married for 25 years.
Children: None. Zero. My books are my babies and I never have to change their diapers (just a fresh Brodart every so often).
Username: From an Arnold Lobel "poem" called "Books to the Ceiling." I wanted to use "outsideofadog" from the famous Groucho Marx saying, but some 7 book FA'er (Free Accounter) nabbed it 20 days before I thought of it. Can I get a "20 days!" repetition in an imitation Chris Rock falsetto to express my disgust? Thank you.
Books: Mostly science fiction/fantasy, but I've added quite a few mysteries and a smattering of espionage and historical fiction over the last decade+. I also have a fair number of western titles, although I don't have nearly the number I used to. My favorite type of story would probably be the "mystery in a science fiction setting" a la Jack McDevitt, Larry Niven (Gil the arm), Peter F. Hamilton or Richard Morgan, just to name a few.
Favorite Authors: Fairly lengthy list comprised of authors read "recently" and authors I haven't read in many years. Some of the older authors may not make the cut if I were to re-read their books today, but I have fond memories of their writings, so on the list they go. Also, even though an author's body of work may be generally mediocre, if they've got at least one book I truly enjoyed, then that's enough to qualify for the list.
- Er ved at læse
- Berserker SF Gateway Omnibus: The Shadow of the Wolf, The Bull Chief, The Horned Warrior af Robert Holdstock
- Ben Aaronovitch, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Adams, Boris Akunin, Aaron Allston, Piers Anthony, Neal Asher, Pierce Askegren, Robert Asprin, Gail Van Asten, Iain Banks, Elizabeth Bear, Alex Bledsoe, Kyril Bonfiglioli, Mayer Alan Brenner, Patricia Briggs, Ed Brubaker, Ken Bruen, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold, Chris Bunch, John Burdett, William R. Burkett, Jr., Edgar Rice Burroughs, F. M. Busby, Kurt Busiek, John Byrne, Christian Cameron, Miles Cameron, Orson Scott Card, Mike Carey, Jack L. Chalker, Howard Chaykin, Lee Child, Barbara Cleverly, Harlan Coben, Allan Cole, Michael Connelly, James S. A. Corey, Bernard Cornwell, Larry Correia, Desmond Cory, Robert Crais, Carroll John Daly, Ed Dee, Nelson DeMille, Sean Doolittle, Dave Duncan, Dorothy Dunnett, Ed McDonald (author), Phyllis Eisenstein, Steven Erikson, Ian C. Esslemont, Minister Faust, David Feintuch, Alan Dean Foster, Brian Freemantle, David Gemmell, Victor Gischler, Walter B. Gibson, Norman Green, Mike Grell, Peter F. Hamilton, C. S. Harris, Harry Harrison, Christopher Hinz, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, James P. Hogan, Tom Holt, David Housewright, Dean Ing, Elliott James, Craig Johnson, L. E. Modesitt, Jr., Guy Gavriel Kay, P. B. Kerr, Nancy Kress, Katherine Kurtz, Dewey Lambdin, Louis L'Amour, Hugh Laurie, John Lawton, Ann Leckie, Sharon Lee, Dennis Lehane, Martin Limón, Jean Lorrah, Sergei Lukyanenko, Jonathan Lunn, David Markson, Ed McBain, Anne McCaffrey, Jack McDevitt, Ed McDonald, Gregory Mcdonald, Maureen F. McHugh, Adrian McKinty, R. M. Meluch, Deon Meyer, Steve Miller, Daniel Keys Moran, Richard Morgan, John Morressy, Jo Nesbø, Kim Newman, Larry Niven, Andre Norton, Naomi Novik, Eric S. Nylund, Patrick O'Brian, Carol O'Connell, Andrew J. Offutt, Robert O'Riordan, David R. Palmer, George P. Pelecanos, Steve Perry, Thomas Perry, Max Phillips, H. Beam Piper, Mike Resnick, Alastair Reynolds, Mack Reynolds, John Maddox Roberts, Kenneth Robeson, Patrick Rothfuss, Sean Russell, John Sandford, Dorothy L. Sayers, John Scalzi, Jack Schaefer, James H. Schmitz, Adrian Selby, Ernest Thompson Seton, Dan Simmons, Maj Sjöwall, L. Neil Smith, Marin Cruz Smith, Sherwood Smith, Peter Spiegelman, John Steakley, Richard Steinberg, Neal Stephenson, Matthew Woodring Stover, Victoria Strauss, Mark Sumner, Keith Taylor, Peter Temple, Sheri S. Tepper, Steve Thayer, J. R. R. Tolkien, P. J. Tracy, Delia Marshall Turner, A. E. van Vogt, Brian K. Vaughan, Vernor Vinge, Karl Edward Wagner, Mark Waid, Bill Watterson, David Weber, Donald E. Westlake, Kevin Wignall, John Wilcox, Elizabeth Willey, F. Paul Wilson, Don Winslow, Tom Wood, Roger Zelazny
- Local Favorites
- Interesting Library
- AlanPoulter, ame73, Aneris, AngelaB86, anglemark, Ann_Louise, Astrodene, AsYouKnow_Bob, austcrimefiction, avatiakh, babsji, Bengan, beniowa, bibliomega, bibliorex, bookstopshere, BrigidsBlest, brive, BruceDMacDonald, cadolph, camon63, cathyskye, chilperic, chrisloganedwards, citygirl, ckNikka, clong, ConalO, cosmicdolphin, CrazedCollector, crazybatcow, cthulhuslibrarian, dada1967, Daffobint, Dannelke, Darkson, DaveLancaster, devenish, dillytanty, divinenanny, donaldmcobb, drivincryin, Drylnn, dwinston, elkiedee, fang, Fourpawz2, FredericB, Hank1215, hoopmanjh, HorusE, iresam, jackanaples, jamespurcell, Jebbie74, jjmcgaffey, jlabeatnik, johnnyapollo, kattepusen, kd9, Keeline, kirjen, kleo, krlaw6, LadyDarbanville, lcd, leennnadine, LexieS17, littlegeek, Littlemissbashful, lizandkats, LouisBranning, magnumpigg, majkia, mhatchett, MikeBriggs, mmignano11, mtnmdjd, NauticalFiction99, naylands, NickPetty, novel.curations, nsblumenfeld, OldSarge, PandorasRequiem, parasolofdoom, revelshade, Robin_Hill, rowens, saltmanz, SanTeresa, sarahpezzini, ScorpioBookDreams, sevedra, Severn, skullduggery, SRHarbin, stefferoo, SteveAnderson, sunqueen, tenaciousreader, TerryWeyna, thegreattim, TheIdleWoman, Thulean, vangogan, vicwong, wallcraf, xenchu, Z-Ryan
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.