- fiction (172), non-fiction (167), @to read (83), @wishlist (57), music (26), drama (25), @feminism (17), essays (17), biography (16), feminist theory (14), psychology (13), poetry (12), literary criticism (12), short stories (9), Russian lit (8), antique oriental carpets (7), feminist essays (7), fem theory (6), sociology (5), memoir (5), psychosocial (4), violins (4), opera (4), feminist literary criticism (4), @reading (4), philosophy (4), polemic (3), feminist psychology (3), theory (3), how to (3), children's fiction (3), social theory (2), authorship (2), how-to (2), Holocaust literature (2), American lit (2), American politics (2), feminist literature (2), belle lettres (2), Holocaust (2), lit crit (2), sexuality (2), history (2), autobiography (2), adventure (2), humor (2), Transcendentalism (2), fem thought (2), feminist history (2), place belonginess (2), travel (2), writing (2), sex (2), dystopia (2), political commentary (1), French poetry (1), French (1), fem memoir (1), fem journaling (1), mind self (1), oriental rugs and carpets (1), jazz criticism (1), @rereading (1), non-fiction. psych (1), social science (1), psych theory (1), photographic essays (1), yiddish (1), horse racing (1), @reread (1), Holocaust testimony (1), political (1), American philosophy (1), Oriental rugs (1), Asian art (1), Fuller (1), Italian art (1), Africa (1), Latin American (1), American popular music (1), self help (1), feminist utopia (1), murder mystery (1), gender (1), education (1), realism (1), political science (1), work (1), politics (1), fantasy (1), historical (1), essay (1), art history (1), historical fiction (1), grief (1), satire (1), book club (1), @read (1), Russian (1), ya (1), apartheid (1), social history (1), child psychology (1), transcendentalism (1), Emerson (1), Viet Nam (1), @review (1), environments (1), cross cultural (1), children (1), self-help (1), beat generation (1), Jewish lit (1), feminist dystopia (1), feminist lit (1), environment (1), lit theory (1), genocide (1), Russian history (1), exile (1), intellectual history (1), @pulitzer Prize (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- Kommet til
- Jul 2, 2008
- Real Name
- About My Library
- I am originally from the midwest (Chicago). I favor authors like Willa Cather and Saul Bellow (he is my passion). I am particularly fond of Carolyn Heilbrun also (sad that she took her own life). Simone de Beauvoir is my bible, fundamental to my feminism. My graduate work required that I choose from two for the course of study: Freud or Marx. I chose Freud. I am most interested in philosophy, biography, politics, and in the end my reading is really rather serendipitous and due largely to a ferocious "book hunger" that I must feed. I am also including in my catalog, books on music and on oriental carpets, our collective passions over the years.
- About Me
- My husband and I are retired and living in downtown Brooklyn. He was a freelance musician (a sideman)for more than fifty years (that in itself is a triumph over adversity) and I was an assistant to a succession of presidents,directors for non-profit organizations, the last of which was a library consortium where thankfully I was able to grab some wonderful book leftovers. I have always been an avid reader (in third grade the librarian allowed me to carry home more than the allotted number of books, bless her). Since my Master's degree is in Liberal Studies/Women's Studies/Feminist literature, and I graduated in 1992 I studied the 1970-80 wave of feminist thought, I am interested in updating my booklist to include new feminist thinking.
- Brooklyn, New York
- Er ved at læse
- Local Favorites
Boghandlere: Atlantic Bookshop
- Interesting Library
- alaskabookworm, almigwin, antimuzak, berthirsch, bitchesbrew, bleuroses, Charvet, critthink7, delbertmills, DrSusan, HCWC, ifjuly, izzybee, jewishwomensarchive, LouisBranning, ltimmel, msbaba, nhemme, sconset, Talbin, the_red_shoes, tobiejonzarelli, urania1, violinland, WillaCatherLibrary, Yankeeatoz
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.