- Fiction (17), ARC (11), England (11), fiction (7), London (5), Nobel (4), nonfiction (4), uncorrected proof (4), Nonfiction (3), first edition (3), 19th century (3), Wales (3), Albert Campion (2), anthologies (2), environmentalism (2), 1st US ed. (2), Poetry (2), poetry (2), short stories (2), Ireland (2), first ed. (1), essays (1), Food (1), Art (1), supernatural (1), History (1), Nature (1), alchemy (1), Mythology (1), Gorey cover (1), Mystery (1), California (1), children's books (1), vampires (1), Animals (1), mythology (1), illustrated (1), pop culture (1), Inklings (1), history (1), missing persons (1), relics (1), Haida (1), prehistoric sites (1), grizzly bears (1), British folklore (1), natural history (1), Queen Charlotte Islands (1), Nobel Prize (1), Spanish (1), Photography (1), signed; uncorrected proof (1), library sale $6 (1), designed by Robert Freeman (1), 50. printed in GB (1), nonfiction; natural history; wolves; 1st edition; signed (1), signed; 1st edition; Montana; oil drilling; wolves; fiction (1), signed; 1st edition; nonfiction; geology; natural history (1), 1st edition; inscribed; Montana; nonfiction; environmentalism; natural history (1), signed; 1st edition; novellas (1), short stories; 1st edition (1), 1st edition; signed (1), signed; 1st edition; San Juan Mountains (1), ARC; signed; short stories (1), Gillespie County (1), religion (1), signed; Texas (1), Montana; Yaak Valley; fiction (1), Lazio region; Lake Nemi (1), paganism; Diana (goddess); the English in Italy; Italy (1), Anglo-Saxon Classics. Noerenna Society (1), Saint Katherine of Alexandria (1), poetry essays 19thcentury facsimile manuscript (1), autobiography erotica literature editors publishing english authors (1), english mystery oxford (1), uncorrected proof / advanced readers edition (1), Ex-Library (1), Cookery (1), 12th Century (1), Elia (1), tattoo artists (1), Charles & Mary Lamb (1), textbook (1), 17th century (1), village life (1), pregnancy (1), nuns (1), television (1), bilingual (1), kidnapping (1), France (1), ecology (1), Shakespeare (1), british mystery (1), 1964 (1), Japan (1), abolitionism (1), 1st ed (1), book club edition (1), Memoir (1), Victorian England (1), 18th century (1), travel (1), cities (1), little people (1), 1980s (1), fantasy (1), 1970s (1), medieval (1), Oxford (1), metaphysics (1), 16th century (1), cathedrals (1), saints (1), NYRB Classics (1), convents (1), Shropshire (1), uncorrected proofs (1), Church of England (1), Brokeback Mountain (1), memoir (1), $2 (1), witches (1), inscribed by author (1), Neanderthals (1), Alaska (1), 12th century (1), Henry IV (1), unreliable narrators (1), historical fiction (1), King Arthur (1), Kansas (1), 3rd printing (1), prehistory (1), unfinished works (1), universities (1), Arthurian (1), pilgrimage (1), etymology (1), clergy (1), Richard II (1), mcsweeney's 6 (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- Kommet til
- Apr 30, 2007
- Real Name
- About My Library
- Mostly fiction, 19th-20th century. Also, mostly in storage for the last two years, which is bad for me. I hope it’s not too bad for them in there, in their dark cardboard prison.
Some history, travel, poetry, biography, children’s books.
- About Me
- Lifelong bookseller, retired. Career highlights include the late, great (independent) Books & Co. in Dayton OH, Chicago's iconic Unabridged Bookstore, and Eagle Harbor Book Co., the heartbeat of Bainbridge Island, WA. Two brief stints with publishers along the way. Served on awards committees for Great Lakes Booksellers Assoc. and NW Booksellers Assoc.
Trying to care less about what's new, trying to use the library more, now that I'm without a discount. Still regretting the half of my library I sold when I moved from Chicago. BA in English from a sad little state university. Addicted to books since I first learned to read. Must have them, must. Can't help it.
Two quotes I like:
"To read a novel is to practice for real life."
"Even when reading is impossible, the presence of books acquired produces such an ecstasy that the buying of more books than one can read is nothing less than the soul reaching towards infinity¦ we cherish books even if unread, their mere presence exudes comfort, their ready access, reassurance."
(While looking for the source of this, I found that someone had already done so, far more thoroughly than I could have done:
- Kitsap County WA
- Also On
- Er ved at læse
- Peter Ackroyd, Rick Bass, Kathie Bergquist, Michael Chabon, Charles Dickens, Sebastian Faulks, E. M. Forster, John Gardner, Shirley Jackson, Jonathan Lethem, Jan Morris, Anthony Powell, Dawn Powell, Georges Simenon, Muriel Spark, Robert Louis Stevenson, Graham Swift, James Thurber, J. R. R. Tolkien, Charles Williams
- Local Favorites
Boghandlere: Arundel Books, Bailey-Coy Books, Bookworks, Eagle Harbor Book Company, Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle), Flora and Fauna Books, Liberty Bay Books, Seattle Mystery Bookshop, Unabridged Bookstore, Wessel & Lieberman Booksellers
- Interesting Library
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.