- Alle samlinger (2,469), Dit bibliotek (2,469), Skal læses (4)
- French fiction. (270), Contemporary American fiction. (269), Signed. (207), Nobel prize winner. (200), English fiction. (195), Latin American fiction. (189), Irish fiction. (121), American fiction. (107), all things American. (94), Spanish fiction. (87), Scandinavian fiction. (84), German fiction. (78), Italian fiction. (60), American poetry. (56), Russian fiction. (51), Music. (50), all things French. (46), Canadian fiction. (46), Eastern European fiction. (44), African fiction. (36), Middle east fiction. (32), Scottish fiction. (30), Asian fiction. (29), Portugese fiction. (25), all things British. (23), Polish fiction. (19), Australian fiction. (19), Latin American poetry. (18), French poetry. (17), Irish poetry. (17), American plays. (16), Art. (15), all things Irish. (15), all things English. (14), all things Latin American. (14), English plays. (13), all things Italian. (12), Polish poetry. (12), Irish plays. (12), all things Spanish. (9), all things Polish. (9), Spanish Civil War history. (9), all things Canadian. (9), all things Hispanic. (8), Belgian fiction. (8), Language. (8), Carribean fiction. (8), Rangers hockey. (7), Greek fiction. (6), Hockey. (6), Russian poetry. (6), Literary reference. (6), English poetry. (5), all things Eastern European. (5), Italian plays. (5), Scandinavian poetry. (4), all things Middle Eastern. (4), all things German. (4), Dutch fiction. (4), Canadian poetry. (4), American politics. (4), Spanish poetry. (4), New Zealand fiction. (4), German poetry. (3), Polish plays. (3), Italian poetry. (3), German plays. (3), French plays. (3), Turkish fiction. (3), World War 1 history. (3), all things Scottish. (2), CD. (2), all things Belgian. (2), all things Swiss. (2), Belgian poetry. (2), culinary. (2), all things Russian. (2), Granta reader. (2), Portugese poetry. (2), Scottish poetry. (2), all things Scandinavian. (2), Russian plays. (1), all things Belarusian. (1), Caribbean fiction. (1), Turkish/Kurdish fiction. (1), Eastern European poetry. (1), Ice hockey. (1), all thing British. (1), all things Argentine. (1), Welsh fiction. (1), Macedonian poetry. (1), all things Austrian. (1), Graphic novel. (1), all things Latin. (1), Korean War history. (1), Latin American plays. (1), World history. (1), all things African. (1), Signed (1), Australian poetry. (1), all things Welsh. (1), Spanish plays. (1), Signed by the translator. (1), Greek poetry. (1), photography. (1), South American fiction. (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- Anal-retentives, Author Theme Reads, ¡Literatura Argentina!, Booker Prize, Books Compared, Cats, books, life is good., Chinaski's Stool, Club Read 2009, Dalkey Archive, Existentialism, French literature, 19th & 20th century, Hockey, Infinite Jesters, Irish Lit, Library Punx, Mad on Zola, Modern Collector, New York Review Books, Nobel Laureates in Literature, Oulipo's Virtual Headquarters, Poetry Fool, Pro and Con, Reading Globally, Real Ale (& Other Beers), Roberto Arlt and River Boat Books, Rock 'n' Roll, Records and Record Collections, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, South American Fiction-Argentine Writers, Spanish Civil War, The Colbert Nation, The Prizes, Themes in Literature, Tropic of Ideas, William Faulkner and his Literary Kin, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- Kommet til
- Jul 2, 2006
- Real Name
- About My Library
- Have an interest in literature in translation. I buy and sell (try to anyway) books that I want or don't want on Half.com. I have been focusing a lot lately on literary thrillers particularly those coming out of Europe. I have somewhere around 150 signed books. IMO LT was and is a brilliant idea. I love the format--the updating LT does always seem to make the site better, more accessibe and more fun.
- About Me
- 60 years old. 4 years in the Coast Guard. Retired from the Postal Service in February 2013. That was nice. I can be a bit lazy though. Translator of Roberto Arlt's The Flamethrowers available at River Boat Books (see profile picture) and completing the two part book into English for the first time as River Boat has also reissued Naomi Lindstrom's translation of The Seven Madmen. I'm Married. Two grown up kids. One with a degree in Geology--the other a degree in Physics. Anyway I like to read. I like to mess around with my guitars. I like punk rock a lot and have a lot of vinyl from the late 70's--early 80's to prove it. I like Celtic punk. I like Ska and I like Reggae. I like to drink IPA's, stouts and porters. I've been following the New York Rangers since the 1971-72 season. That's a pretty long time. I'm pretty rabid about them. I like to travel. I would like to go overseas more but I've only been to Ireland once.
- Elmira N. Y.
- Etel Adnan, António Lobo Antunes, Guillaume Apollinaire, Roberto Arlt, Louis Armand, Margaret Atwood, Michele Audin, J. G. Ballard, Samuel Beckett, Madison Smartt Bell, Thomas Bernhard, Wu Ming, Roberto Bolaño, Louis Paul Boon, Jorge Luis Borges, Charles Bukowski, Anna Burns, Camilo José Cela, Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Javier Cercas, J. M. G. Le Clézio, J. M. Coetzee, Junot Díaz, Miguel Delibes, Don DeLillo, Virginie Despentes, Helen DeWitt, Assia Djebar, Alfred Döblin, Jean Echenoz, Umberto Eco, Nathan Englander, William Faulkner, James Fenton, Tibor Fischer, Patrick Flanery, Dario Fo, Sesshu Foster, Benito Pérez-Galdós, Witold Gombrowicz, Günter Grass, Graham Greene, Pedro Juan Gutiérrez, Knut Hamsun, Rick Harsch, Eleanor Henderson, Zbigniew Herbert, Chester Himes, Michel Houellebecq, Bohumil Hrabal, Marlon James, Elfriede Jelinek, B. S. Johnson, Denis Johnson, James Joyce, James Kelman, Elias Khoury, John King, Naomi Klein, Arthur Koestler, Ahmadou Kourouma, Rachel Kushner, Halldór Laxness, Philip Levine, Mario Vargas Llosa, Alistair MacLeod, Curzio Malaparte, Jean-Patrick Manchette, Dominique Manotti, Luis Martín-Santos, Colum McCann, Cormac McCarthy, Martin McDonagh, Marshall McLuhan, Eoin McNamee, Enrique Medina, Fernanda Melchor, Pierre Merot, Philipp Meyer, David Mitchell, Emiliano Monge, Manuel Vázquez Montalbán, Alvaro Mutis, Pablo Neruda, Jo Nesbø, Marlene van Niekerk, Flannery O'Connor, Kenzaburō Ōe, Sofi Oksanen, Michael Ondaatje, Nicanor Parra, John Dos Passos, David Peace, Georges Perec, Leif G. W. Persson, Christopher Petit, Ricardo Piglia, Robert Pinget, Pola Oloixarac, Raymond Queneau, Arthur Rimbaud, Julian Rios, Manuel Rivas, Alain Robbe-Grillet, Robert S. Stickley, Philip Roth, Arundhati Roy, Anatoli Rybakov, Ernesto Sábato, Guillermo Saccomanno, George Salis, Lydie Salvayre, Ken Saro-Wiwa, Andrea Maria Schenkel, Arno Schmidt, Claude Simon, Pablo Martín Sánchez, Edward St. Aubyn, Wisława Szymborska, Antonio Tabucchi, Paco Ignacio Taibo, Johan Theorin, Olga Tokarczuk, B. Traven, William Trevor, Jane Urquhart, Paul Verhaeghen, David Foster Wallace, Rodolfo Walsh, Irvine Welsh, Paul West, Paul West, Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz, Javier Pedro Zabala, Juli Zeh, Émile Zola
- Interesting Library
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.