- Alle samlinger (835), Untitled collection (7), Dit bibliotek (827), Læser for øjeblikket (2), Skal læses (6), Read in 2007 (13), Read in 2008 (15), Read in 2009 (18), Read in 2010 (21), Read in 2011 (17), Read in 2012 (27), Read in 2013 (22), Read in 2014 (18), Read in 2015 (16), Read in 2016 (14), Read in 2017 (16), Read in 2018 (21), Read in 2019 (17), Read in 2020 (17), Read in 2021 (16), Read in 2022 (16), Read in 2023 (9), Favoritter (111), Non-Fiction Favourites (61), My Adolescent Favourites (50), Læst, men ikke ejet (41), Not Read/Not Finished (20)
- Fantasy (150), Horror (117), Science Fiction (104), Modern Novels (83), Fabulation (72), Anarchism (64), Culture (61), London (58), Philosophy (56), Dark Fantasy (56), Books about Books (54), The Supernatural (54), Short Stories (51), Political Theory (48), Cinema & TV (46), Resistance (44), Society (43), History (42), Marxism (41), Psychopathology (41), Monsters (40), 20th Century Literature (40), The Occult (39), J. G. Ballard (37), Space SF (37), Alienation (36), Lovecraftian & Weird Fiction (36), Anti-Capitalism (36), Science Fantasy (34), The Far Future (33), Multiverse (33), Counter-Culture (32), Socialism (30), Sword & Sorcery (30), Slipstream SF (29), Recent History (29), Current Affairs (29), Art (28), Music (27), Gothic (27), Graphic Novels (27), New-Wave SF (26), Green Politics (24), Politics (24), Crime (23), Science (22), 19th Century Literature (22), Urban Fantasy (22), Alternate History (21), Magical Lands Bordering Ours (21), Ghost Stories (20), Reference (19), Near Future SF (18), Ecology (18), Historical Novels (18), Childrens & Young Adult Fiction (17), Psychogeography (17), Steam Punk (16), Erotica (15), Avant-garde (15), Special Powers (15), Mythology (14), Dystopia (14), Pre-18th Century Literature (13), Epic Fantasy (13), Autonomist Marxism (13), Guide Books (13), Time Travel (13), Post-Apocalypse (12), Biography (12), Satire (12), Catastrophe (12), Sexuality (12), Legends (11), Decadence (11), Autobiography (11), Aliens (11), Gaslight Romances (10), Cosmology (10), Photography (10), Situationism (9), Anti-Religion (9), Utopia (9), Comedy (9), Feminism (9), Poetry (8), Writer's Guides (8), Mysticism (8), Surrealist Fantasy (8), Altered Perceptions & Simulations (7), Travel (7), Religion (6), Conspiracy (6), Consciousness (6), Libertarianism (6), 18th Century Literature (5), Many Worlds (5), Plays (5), Oriental Fantasy (5), Lost Worlds (4), Maps (4), Psychology (4), Fairy Tales (4), Fairies (3), Drugs (3), Time (2), Cinema (1), Animal Fantasy (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- Kommet til
- Sep 5, 2006
- Real Name
- George Matthews
- About My Library
- My library contains books I have bought since my early teens and the content, style and subject matter of the novels and short stories tend to be highly imaginative and fantastical or science fiction. The non-fiction are mostly books on left libertarian politics and history, general philosophy, popular science and cosmology, and the arts (literature, cinema and music.)
I have rid myself of many books over the years due to lack of space or I have borrowed from libraries. Likewise many books important to me in childhood and adolescence I have lost or again borrowed from public or school libraries and so I have decided to include those I enjoyed reading, although not in my collection.
- About Me
- I love reading (and do a bit of writing too)and is the quickest and safest route to other worlds and psychologies. You can travel to strange lands, experience weird mental states, feel terror and fear from the safety of your armchair or just enjoy a great story. To add to the pleasures of reading you can gain knowledge and understanding of the world and the cosmos around you. What other media or artform compares to that?
I am an average inhabitant of Britain, living in a London suburb with a dull, low paid office job (working only four days a week) but a denizen of an imaginative inner world.
To quote the great J.G. Ballard: 'I believe in the power of the imagination to remake the world, to release the truth within us,to hold back the night, to transcend death, to charm motorways, to ingratiate ourselves with birds, to enlist the confidences of madmen.'
- Walton-On-Thames, Surrey, England
- Er ved at læse
- Peter Ackroyd, J. G. Ballard, William Blake, Jorge Luis Borges, Ramsey Campbell, Angela Carter, John Crowley, Charles Dickens, Philip K. Dick, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, M. John Harrison, Michel Houellebecq, M. R. James, Franz Kafka, H. P. Lovecraft, China Miéville, Michael Moorcock, Alan Moore, George Orwell, Mervyn Peake, Edgar Allan Poe, Iain Sinclair, Clark Ashton Smith, Gene Wolfe
- Interesting Library
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.