- Alle samlinger (2,537), 2017 75 Book Challenge (2), 2018 75 Book Challenge (22), 2015 75 Book Challenge (36), 2014 75 Book Challenge (61), audiobook (4), 2013 75 Book Challenge (25), 2012 75 Book Challenge (83), Nook Book (106), checked (96), Dit bibliotek (612), Læst, men ikke ejet (834), Early Reviewer/Member Giveaway (125), Owned but Unread (73), Borrowed but Unread (38), Ønskeliste (860), Læser for øjeblikket (2), group reads (26), Reread (30), E-Book (177), LT Author (50), 2011 75 Book Challenge (64), 2010 75 book challenge (92), 2009 75 book challenge (92), 2008 75 book challenge (62), Favoritter (2), Recovered books (2)
- library (572), unread (455), wishlist (394), romance (358), mystery (298), own (254), borrowed (171), thriller (167), suspense (162), horror (79), mom (74), Early Reviewer (70), paranormal (61), non-fiction (40), library want list (35), LT author (35), humor (35), fantasy (32), light hearted (27), classic (24), YA (22), family drama (15), vampire (14), short stories (13), reference (13), modern library 100 (13), children's (13), from LTer (12), religion (12), forensic (12), June 09 (12), ghosts (11), love story (11), cookbook (10), bodice ripper (10), crime (10), drama (10), true crime (9), friendship (9), life experiences (9), e-book (9), trivia (9), July 09 (9), history (8), Bobby's class (8), autobiography (8), future (7), magic (7), reread for King's Dear Constant Reader's group read (7), death (6), holocaust (6), haunted house (6), coming of age (6), depression (6), ghost stories (6), April 08 (5), short story (5), member giveaway (5), biography (5), May 09 (5), King's Dear Constant Reader's group read (5), sci-fi (5), western (5), abuse (4), April 09 (4), March 09 (4), reread (4), epic (4), death and dying (4), inspirational (4), forensics (4), GD group read (4), haunted houses (3), witches (3), poetry (3), U.S. Presidential challenge (3), crafts (3), murder (3), diet book (3), racial tension (3), nook (3), love (3), graphic novel (3), relationships (3), revenge (3), Dec. 07 (3), ghost (3), terror (3), Jan. 08 (3), travel (3), afterlife (3), medieval (3), PA facts (3), war (3), didn't finish (3), nook wish list (3), Christmas (3), contemporary fiction (3), self improvement (2), shorts (2), instructional (2), how-to (2), vikings (2), WW II (2), free Nookbook (2), Nook (2), Amish (2), Oct. 08 (2), exercise (2), overcoming the odds (2), Early Reviewers (2), Dec. 08 (2), Nov. 08 (2), overcoming child abuse (2), serial killers (2), July 08 (2), August 08 (2), Feb. 08 (2), 2-22 (2), youth (2), audiobook (2), growing up (2), christmas (2), rape (2), autographed (2), dragons (2), PA (2), grief (2), lost love (2), time travel (2), infidelity (2), banned book (2), historical fiction (2), Feb 10 (1), free e-book (1), woman's desperation (1), moms (1), second chances (1), June 10 (1), intrigue (1), religious (1), June 08 (1), cars (1), March 10 (1), animals (1), conspiracy (1), reuniting (1), hriller (1), Big brother (1), March 08 (1), writing (1), May 08 (1), Sci fi (1), kindle (1), Cult (1), Columbine (1), wish lists (1), Early reviewer (1), october 10 (1), man book (1), life situations (1), pirate love story (1), ghost hunting guide (1), Maturing characters (1), turning point in life (1), typical oprah book (1), spectoral rapist (1), fight for life (1), police (1), e book (1), gothic (1), Jan 09 (1), Nook Wish list (1), life stuations (1), April May 10 (1), local folklore (1), Nookbook (1), free Nook book (1), Nook wish list (1), not at library or on Nook (1), Not on library or Nook (1), 2010 Librarything Readathon (1), not a library or a nook book (1), library (holds only) (1), children (1), series (1), free e book (1), Free Nookbook (1), Early Reviewer Feb 11 (1), Feb 2010 ER (1), 2010 1st Librarything Readathon (1), fairy tale (1), Feb. 09 (1), CD (1), sent by LTer (1), reread for King's Dear Constant Reader group (1), Green Dragon group read (1), ebook (1), vampires (1), Nov. 07 (1), ethics (1), September 2010 (1), obsession (1), reread for 75 book challenge of 09 group read (1), March 09 bonus batch (1), March 2010 (1), May 10 (1), favorite (1), June 2010 (1), adventure (1), lost (1), communism (1), korean war (1), killers (1), lighthouses (1), WW 2 (1), self-discovery (1), puberty (1), French literature (1), small town life (1), drugs (1), dog (1), terrorist (1), Oprah book (1), dog story (1), young adult (1), autism (1), non fiction (1), word origins (1), housewives (1), abandonment (1), songbook (1), incest (1), homosexual (1), romance mystery (1), military (1), group read (1), aliens (1), internal struggle (1), abortion (1), alcoholism (1), psychic (1), punctuation (1), music (1), non-ficton (1), gardening (1), wine (1), psycho (1), domestic abuse (1), photography (1), life changes (1), superheroes (1), weight loss (1), sports (1), WWII (1), ghost hunting (1), politics (1), madness (1), dysfunctional family (1), golf (1), poverty (1), football (1), struggle (1), mental health (1), medical (1), memory (1), american south (1), medium (1), Auto biography (1), Carpathians (1), spy (1), early reviewer (1), sexuality (1), censorship (1), ghost story (1), Biography (1), divorce (1), adultery (1), natural medicine (1), fun facts (1), Hurricane Katrina (1), social (1), Pulitzer Prize winner (1), football history (1), country life (1), woman's fiction (1), racial issues (1), vietnam war (1), well being (1), love stories (1), free ebook (1), April 10 (1), family life (1), Bosch (1), curse (1), healthcare (1), sign language (1), sesame street (1), drinks (1), clown (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, 75 Books Challenge for 2010, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, 75 Books Challenge for 2018, Board for Extreme Thing Advances, Books on the Paranormal, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Early Reviewers, Ghost and from beyond the graveyard, Ghost Stories, Past and Present, Horror, Hugotontheonbiquiffinarians, Humor, Jamie Fraser Fans, King's Dear Constant Readers, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Most Disturbing Books, Nook eBook Exchange, Outlander: Gabaldon's series about Jamie and Claire, Outside, ReadaThing, The Diogenes Club, The Green Dragon, Thing(amabrarian)s That Go Bump in the Night, This Is Halloween..., Top 100 Novels of All time, Until the hunt is done, What Are You Reading Now?
- Kommet til
- Jan 11, 2007
- Real Name
- Carrie Lee
- About My Library
- I used to only catalogue books that I have read but LT is an addiction and like all addictions you must feed it. Now I have added a wish list tag for the books that I want to read and don't own and an unread tag for the unread but owned books. I don't usually buy a lot of books because I support my local libraries and used bookstores. In December of 2010 I finally entered the tech age and got a Nook Color. (Thanks sweetie). I also have a lot of friends with the same tastes so we swap a lot. I give my books away, donate the hardbacks to the library for their sales and sell some to the used book store when I am done reading them. I only keep the very meaningful ones.
I can read about anything but I am very interested in the paranormal and the disturbed mind.(my husband things I'm crazy, HAHA) Also a good bodice ripper is a great way to pass the time!!
- About Me
- Love my family. My husband and I have been married for 25 years and we have two young men. I became a grandmother on May 12, 2009 when my oldest son had a bouncing baby boy.
Love my pets, Clyde who is my cat. Bones who is my dog.
I work in a hospital for the anesthesia department. I love to read(duh!), go camping, play golf and listen to music. I also enjoy traveling, mainly cruising and singing with radio, loudly, and badly.
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” -Mary Anne Radmacher
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” Dr Seuss
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
- Groucho Marx
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
"Fairness does not govern life and death. If it did no good man would ever die young. During my time on earth people died instead of me too. There are no random acts, we are all connected. Good comes from it."
"Good? What good came from this? You died."
"But I barely knew you. We were strangers."
"Strangers are just family that you yet to come to know."
-The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom
“Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I've accomplished something, learned something, become a better person. Reading makes me smarter. Reading gives me something to talk about later on. Reading is the unbelievably healthy way my attention deficit disorder medicates itself. Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real. Reading is grist. Reading is bliss.”
― Nora Ephron, I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman
'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.' No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster." — Dalai Lama XIV
Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." — Siddhārtha Gautama
"She always like to have a book in her bag. In case she got stuck. In case she got lost. Or did she feel lost without her books? There wasn't any point, but she liked to have one with her, a gentle weight nudging her shoulder, keeping her company through the wind, making her solid, more substantial, less like to be blown away, less alone. More - a person." From The White Family by Maggie Gee
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
"All the books we own, both read and unread, are the fullest expression of self we have at our disposal. ... But with each passing year, and with each whimsical purchase, our libraries become more and more able to articulate who we are, whether we read the books or not."
From The Ghost of Thomas Kempe:
A valiant effort had been made to cater for the many and varied tastes of Ledsham readers. Cookery books and books on How to Grow Better Chrysanthemums jostled for space with The Cathedrals of England and The Origins of the Second World War. Love and crime were rampant on the fiction shelves. In the children's section every book had the appearance of having been well and truly read, or even, in the case of the books for very young children, partially eaten. It was a satisfactory place: familiar, yet inexhaustibly surprising, homely but exotic in its offerings. To plunge into its gloomy entrance was like opening a grocery box and finding it full of Christmas presents.
"Read, read, read. Read everything--trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it is good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out the window." --William Faulkner
Monsters are real, ghosts are, too. They live inside us. Sometimes they win.- Stephen King
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitts on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back" - Maya Angelou.
Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.
-- Michael Caine
"Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body."
"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
Create your own visitor map!
- Central Pennsylvania
- Also On
- Er ved at læse
- Local Favorites
cal8769 anmeldte og vurderede
- alcottacre, Allie64, awriterspen, beckylynn, beeg, BillRobertson, blondierocket, Bumpersmom, cameling, clamairy, cmbohn, cornpuff12, damejennylynn, dara85, debbaker, Delirium9, edlynskey, EmmaMichaels, fairygrl, fancymcgee, GatorJoker, GeorgiaDawn, jenforbus, kathybaughman, kdeters, lisaunger, MarkJH, mckait, mikedraper, mmignano11, MonicaLynn, mrgrooism, mstrust, nsg0223, pee-wee, Rhea1023, SamPalubicki, Severn, Smiley_Scorpio, TFS93, TheBentley, tloeffler, tymfos, Whisper1, wickedlovely, WillowOne, womansheart
- Interesting Library
- -Cee-, aghost, alcottacre, BannedBooksLibrary, beckylynn, beeg, blackdogbooks, blondierocket, booboobad, Booksloth, boots4u, brendaholmes, Bumpersmom, callmejacx, calm, cameling, craftyfox, dara85, Delirium9, EarlyReviewers, elliepotten, GatorJoker, GeorgiaDawn, HuntingtonParanormal, Irisheyz77, jayde1599, Jenson_AKA_DL, joehill, Joycepa, kathybaughman, kmartin802, LeHack, LibraryOMidas, literarytiger, marris116, mckait, MEM82, memasmb, Mendoza, mikedraper, MonicaLynn, morningwalker, MostDisturbingBooks, mrgrooism, nsg0223, NWADEL, OldSarge, profilerSR, QueenOfDenmark, reading_crystal, RebeccaAnn, Rhea1023, SANDYANN, SantaThing2010, sfreader.com, sibylline, SouthernKiwi, SugarCreekRanch, telegraph100, The_Hibernator, tiddleyboom, ToReadToNap, tymfos, Whisper1, WillowOne, xanthvamp, xorscape
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.