- Alle samlinger (443), PBS Great American Read 100 List 2018 (17), Kindle Prime Reading Lending Library (1), Young Adult (2), Russia/Soviet Union (1), Music (5), Science Fiction (10), Psychology (11), Chocolate (1), Thriller/Horror/Suspense (5), Graphic Novel (2), Medicine (3), Currently Listening To (1), Audio book/Playaway (4), Kindle (121), Self-Help (11), Psychology/Addiction (1), Mystery (2), Eva Peron (4), England (18), Romance (10), Fantasy (3), Not Started (2), Started, Not Finished (1), Dogs (5), Japan (1), Mexico (2), Chic Lit. (5), Cats (5), World War II (6), Civil War (6), Horses (5), Christmas (65), Gothic Horror (7), Christian Fiction (4), Judaism (1), Space (3), Isabel Dalhousie Mystery (4), Parenthood (6), Kid's Favorite but I like it too! (2), Childhood Favorite (6), Biography (5), Biography/Music (4), The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (9), Historical Fiction (16), Humour (30), Autobiography (32), History (27), Gift (17), Poetry (3), John Steinbeck (6), Non-fiction (53), Mystery (12), Classic (30), Steinbeck/Steinbeckathon (6), Book Club Pick (19), Medicine (9), Christian (26), Steinbeck/Short Novel/Steinbeckathon (3), Autobiography/History/Politics (4), World War II (3), Library Book (133), Autobiography/Music (11), Dit bibliotek (235), Ønskeliste (6), Læser for øjeblikket (6), Læst, men ikke ejet (7), Favoritter (50)
- library book (17), book club pick; library book (12), own (10), book club pick - need to read; library book (6), Wishlist (3), library book; would like to own (3), library book; (2), library book; own movie (1), book club pick/my suggestion; historical fiction; Christian lit. (1), own; romance (1), own; personal favorite (1), book club pick; local author; son owns (1), Have read all in series; beloved author; library book (1), personal favorite;Christian fiction; owned but gave away ..... (1), personal favorite; library book; would like to own (1), Kabbalah/Judaism/dysfunctional families (1), Book club pick (read) (1), Book club pick (need to read) (1), book club pick (need to read) (1), Took only a few peaceful hours in a few afternoons to read. Classic. Once I was hooked couldn't put it down. (1), Steinbeckathon (1), own; have given 1 copy away as gift; chic lit (1), Own - but where is it? (1), Own; but it's fallen apart. Want a new one!!!!! (1), own; where is it? (Again?!) (1), Own; also a gift; Christian chic lit (1), Christian/ history; own. Has been in my library forever. (1), own; was a gift (1), personal favorite; library book; want to own (1), book club pick/Al recommended; book club pick (1), book club pick/personal favorite; library book; (1), book club pick; need to read; own (1), own; a gift (1), library book; my summer recommended book club pick (1), library book; want to own (1), autobiography; library book (1), Off the wall (1), Own (1), funny. Anybody who owns a cat will know what's written here is the gospel truth! (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- 2016 ROOT Challenge - (Read Our Own Tomes), 2017 ROOT (READ OUR OWN TOMES), 2018 ROOT (READ OUR OWN TOMES), 40-Something Library Thingers, Cats, books, life is good., Club Read 2012, Club Read 2013, Club Read 2014, Club Read 2015, Club Read 2016, Club Read 2017, Club Read 2018, Club Read 2019, Club Read 2021, Club Read 2022, Club Read 2023, Cover Love, INFP, Needlearts, Patrick White 100th Anniversary Challenge, ROOT - 2014 Read Our Own Tomes, Thank you for the music
- Kommet til
- May 27, 2009
- About My Library
- The books that are in my library over the last few years are books that I have read completely and/or have bought and added to my own personal library.
- About Me
- I am a divorced mother of two boys; the oldest now a full-time college student and the youngest a junior in high school. They are my two favorite people in the universe.
My love of books can be traced back to a giant box of books my aunt sent to me when I was 6. They were mostly Dr. Seuss books and those "I can read them all by myself" books. A few of my favorites you can find in my library here. As an only child living out in a rural area with not many other kids around, I had a lot of time by myself. I can still remember the exact spot I would sit in my little bedroom and read. My mother would also read out loud to me any of the books she was reading. My grandmother, who I used to spend a lot of time with, would spend most of her days reading anything and everything. She told me once that she could talk to anyone anywhere about anything because she had read so much. When I was in grade school our teachers would read a book out loud to the class. When I was in fifth grade, our teacher read to us [Where the Red Fern Grows]. He cried at the end and so did the BOYS! It amazed me that a book could wield such power!
As I grew older, I might read a book here and there or read books required for my college classes, but I certainly was not the "book nerd" I am today. About 10 years ago, my aunt, the English teacher, recommended some books to me. Being newly divorced and broke with two small children and not able to go out and buy books, I headed off to the public county library and got the book for FREE! This started my addiction to the library - and READING. It didn't help matters any when I landed a job next door to it! I cannot say enough good things about the library!
A few years ago the head librarian at our local library started a book club. I was so thrilled to find "people who read." I discovered LT while looking up a review for a book that I was considering recommending to our book club. Because of my work schedule, I can no longer make it to my RL book club so am very grateful to have Club Read to take its place!
Besides reading I love to bake, tend to my flower garden(s) in our not-so-big back yard; tackle the occasional cross-stitch project (some of which actually get framed and hung on the wall!); watch mind-numbing sitcoms on TV and watch funny movies. A few years ago I took on online course through the local university and earned my certificate in medical coding.
- Southern California
- Er ved at læse
- The Moose That Roared: The Story of Jay Ward, Bill Scott, a Flying Squirrel, and a Talking Moose af Keith ScottFifth Avenue, 5 A.M.: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and the Dawn of the Modern Woman af Sam Wasson
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.