- Real Name
- Alex Knepper
- About My Library
- My primary interest is philosophy, which I define in a broad sense. Most of my books are about politics, philosophy, foreign policy, economics, or culture. Virtually all of them are works of non-fiction.
I have a particular interest in -- please note that an interest does not denote a support for -- feminism, Islam, libertarianism, neoconservatism, and postmodernism.
My favorite writers from the past 100 years are Friedrich Hayek, Anton LaVey, H.L. Mencken, Charles Murray, Camille Paglia, Ayn Rand, and Thomas Szasz.
- About Me
- * 20 years old
* Senior at American University in Washington, D.C.
1) I'm an aspiring political and cultural commentator. I am a contributor to FrumForum.com, the Human Rights Service of Norway, and am a member of the Independent Gay Forum. I've written in the past for NewsRealBlog.com and Race42012.com
2) I've been featured on CBS News, NPR, and various national radio talk shows, and my writings have been excerpted by the New York Times, Newsweek, US News and World Report, and other national outlets. Mark Levin says that I'm a pseudo-intellectual but David Frum says I'm an increasingly prominent voice. Maybe they're both right.
3) I'm working on a book about the dark tradition in Western philosophy, with a special focus on Machiavelli, Hobbes, La Rochefoucauld, Sade, Darwin, and Nietzsche. I hope to have this completed by the time I graduate. My model for the book is Camille Paglia's "Sexual Personae."
4) Me and my beliefs in ten seconds:
* Strongly atheist with a special hatred for Islam
* Laissez-faire capitalist
* Pro-sex 'Camille Paglia feminist'
* Highly pragmatic
* Skeptical disposition
* Generally misanthropic
* Gay, but opposes the 'gay movement'
- Hagerstown, MD/Washington, DC
- http://Various; listed above
- Also On
- Aristotle, Bruce Bawer, Allan Bloom, Edmund Burke, Charles Darwin, Epictetus, Epicurus, F. A. Hayek, Christopher Hitchens, Thomas Hobbes, Robert Kagan, Anton Szandor LaVey, Niccolò Machiavelli, H. L. Mencken, Charles Murray, Friedrich Nietzsche, Camille Paglia, Ayn Rand, François de La Rochefoucauld, Marquis de Sade, Christina Hoff Sommers, Thomas Sowell, Robert Spencer, Thomas Stephen Szasz
- Local Favorites
Boghandlere: Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Francis Scott Key Mall, Barnwood Books, Books for America Used Bookstore, Borders - Washington, D.C. - 14th Street, Daedalus Books & Music - Columbia, Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe, Second Edition Books - Columbia, Second Story Books - Rockville, MD, Wonder Book and Video - Dual Highway, Wonder Book Frederick, , Wonder Book Gaithersburg