- Alle samlinger (230), Free Review Copy (2), Leigh Brackett (2), Edmond Hamilton (3), Haffner Press (4), Pulp Magazine era (7), Weird Tales Magazine (5), Fantasy (18), Science Fiction (4), presidents (5), biography (6), history (6), read before, but re-reading (1), Currently reading (22), to re-read (11), Checked out from library, don't own (7), Read (25), Started but put aside till later (12), Dit bibliotek (54), Ønskeliste (132), Læser for øjeblikket (12), Skal læses (38), Læst, men ikke ejet (3), Favoritter (24)
- Fantasy (3), History (3), Presidents (2), history (2), Jack Vance (2), United States History (2), Weird Tales Magazine (2), Pulp Magazine fiction (2), Howard Wandrei (1), Historical Fiction (1), Arkham House (1), Cthulhu Mythos (1), Southern History (1), Politics (1), Ballantine Books Adult Fantasy series (1), read previously re reading (1), Solomon Kane (1), S. T. Joshi (1), Roman Republic (1), Poictesme (1), James Branch Cabell (1), Robert E. Howard (1), Clark Ashton Smith (1), Civil Rights (1), Poul Anderson (1), known space (1), Theodore Roosevelt (1), Rome (1), reading (1), wishlist (1), , Won a review copy (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- Weird Tales Magazine, 18th-19th Century Britain, 50 Book Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2011, Adventure Classics, Atlanta Bibliophiles, Ballantine Adult Fantasy, Cthulhu Mythos, Fans of Russian authors, FantasyFans, Flashman and Fraser, History at 30,000 feet: The Big Picture, History Readers: Clio's (Pleasure?) Palace, History: On learning from and writing history, Legacy Libraries, New York Review Books, One LibraryThing, One Book, Pulp Fiction, Radical History, Robert E Howard Appreciation Group, The Rabble Discuss Cabell: James Branch Cabell &c, The Weird Tradition, Voices of the People's History, Weird Fiction
- Kommet til
- Jun 9, 2006
- Real Name
- Steven R. Harbin
- About My Library
- I'm a recovering biblio-addict (I think that's the right term) who now goes to the library most of the time instead of the bookstore. I still have more books than is probably reasonable, but I've always wanted a large library ever since I read about Thomas Jefferson's when I was a kid. Besides the history, biography, and political stuff there's sports, especially football and track, pulp fiction from the 30's, 40's and 50's. Also mystery series galore. Some science fiction, fantasy, and classics. I love humorous writers, such as P. G. Wodehouse, Janet Evanovich, and Dave Barry.
As you would expect from an educator I also have a lot of volumes on education, teaching, and counseling.
- About Me
- I'm presently a school counselor, former history teacher who still has an abiding interest in history and politics, especially anything to do with presidential history and leadership. I also enjoy certain mystery series and old pulp writers such as Robert E. Howard, Hugh B. Cave, H. P. Lovecraft and others.
I enjoy my job, but if I had it to do over again I would have pursued library science and/or graduate degrees in history, which I may still do after I retire from my present job.
Besides my books I enjoy movies and spending time with my family.
- Also On
- Er ved at læse
- A Question of Justice: New South Governors and Education, 1968-1976 (Library of Alabama Classics) af Gordon E. HarveyThe President Is a Sick Man: Wherein the Supposedly Virtuous Grover Cleveland Survives a Secret Surgery at Sea and Vilifies the Courageous Newspaperman Who Dared Expose the Truth af Matthew AlgeoAdams vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 (Pivotal Moments in American History (Oxford)) af John Ferling
- Milton Bass, Elif Batuman, W. E. B. Du Bois, Michelle Brattain, Fredric Brown, Alafair Burke, Edgar Rice Burroughs, James Branch Cabell, Norman Cantor, Raymond Chandler, Ron Chernow, Kathleen Dalton, David Brion Davis, Janet Evanovich, Eric Foner, John Hope Franklin, George MacDonald Fraser, Bonnie Gillespie, Ursula K. Le Guin, Dashiell Hammett, Don Herron, Chester Himes, Robert E. Howard, Zora Neale Hurston, George F. Kennan, Russell Kirk, Henry Kuttner, Harold Lamb, Fritz Leiber, David Levering Lewis, Leon F. Litwack, H. P. Lovecraft, Alison Mackie, Manly Wade Wellman, James M. McPherson, C. M. Miller, Walter Mosley, Larry Niven, Stephen B. Oates, Barack Obama, Patricia O'Toole, Stanley C. Sargent, Charles R. Saunders, Steven Saylor, Kenneth M. Stampp, Ernest Tidyman, Richard L. Tierney, Barbara W. Tuchman, Jack Vance, Karl Edward Wagner, Donald Wandrei, Howard Wandrei, Manly Wade Wellman, P. G. Wodehouse, C. Vann Woodward, Paul Zimmerman, Howard Zinn
- Favorite Lists
- Local Favorites
SRHarbin vurderede og tilføjede:
- 666777, Balogun_Ojetade, bluetyson, carpentermt, Charlotte.Blackwell, cherylktardif, CJ_Heck, CoverLoverBookReview, cpcarey, DaveHardy, davidcorbett, DCBlack, DEVILinIRON, edwardfmckeown, Georges_T._Dodds, gladeslibrarian, ian.woodhead.50, JemmyHope, JJCassard, JoeDrape, JoniH, Month9Books, NicoleZ, nyrb, rejeanpellerin, rolandperkins, Rtrace, sherryjones, StephenHunt, Thulean, TimothyEricClontz, vampduster
- Interesting Library
- 666777, asphalteden, BGF, bluetyson, bookstothesky, cherylktardif, cpcarey, D-REH, Dana_Wright, DaveHardy, DCBlack, DEVILinIRON, DinadansFriend, fannyprice, jackanaples, JBD1, JemmyHope, JJCassard, Kibbe, kylekatz, lesliej, librik, MarkFinn, miskatoniclibrary, nyrb, Old_Rivers, oldyeller69, Osiris76, paradoxosalpha, reannon, RobRoehm, rosinalippi, Rtrace, SamGafford, SherryThompson, solarisbooks, TheoClarke, Thulean, timspalding, Trinity, vampduster, weirdfictionforever, WilliamJones
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.