- Fantasy (905), Fiction (448), Bookcrossing (441), Mystery & Thrillers (338), Australian Author (297), Historical Fiction (235), Professional Development (133), Bookmooch (130), Non-Fiction (119), Sci-Fi (102), Food & Wine (76), Agriculture (70), Reference (57), Australiana (27), Gardening (26), Politics (18), Hobbies (17), Tolkien (13), Literature (2), Literature & Fiction (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky
- Kommet til
- Dec 5, 2006
- About My Library
- I read just about anything - except mushy or really macho stuff. Favourites are fantasy, historical fiction and mystery. I support Australian authors when I can.
My list is a work in progress. So far, I have done almost all of my professional library, all my Bookcrossing shelf, and Mt TBR. However, I still have a loooong way to go!
My catalogue does not necessarily reflect my reading tastes, though. I have registered lots of books through Bookcrossing, including things I have read and don't intend to keep, some personal collection books that I have allowed out on loan, and many things that were bought specifically to release and I have not read myself. These days, because of the risk of suffocation by collapsing book piles, I am only keeping things I need for work, or that I will read again, or that I enjoyed enough to recommend to others. Anything else is listed on Bookmooch or will eventually be Bookcrossed.
I have reviewed and ranked books acquired for my personal collection from 1 January 2007, and I intend to add in rankings and reviews for older books as time permits.
If a book is tagged Bookmooch and has not left the house, then it is available on request. I've also included rankings and reviews for Bookcrossed books that I have read as I've added them in. If a book is tagged just 'bookcrossing', chances are it is not still in my possession. I'm Jawin on both BookMooch and Bookcrossing -you can check there for more details.
5 ... Brilliant; highly recommended; will read again
4 ... Really enjoyed it; would recommend
3 ... Average rating; enjoyed it but wouldn't read again
2 ... Not to my taste, but others may enjoy
1 ... Can I have the time back?
- About Me
- "A room without books is a body without a soul" Cicero CVI-XLII BC
I joined Bookcrossing after a big write up in the Weekend Australian in August 2003 - my name is Jawin there too - and that eventually led me here. I've been looking for places like these all my life. People here don't look askance at having a Mt TBR; they don't roll their eyes when I buy more books (or bookcases); and they understand the excitement of sharing great stories.
I share my house with two Westies - 11-year-old Buddy Boy; and Loki (aka Little Bastard), a definite terrierist.
During the daylight hours, when not working, I can be found pottering in my lovely garden.
My other on-line addiction is Scrabble - and I'm always ready to play!
- Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
- Also On
- Interesting Library
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.