- Nonfiction (2,092), History (1,247), Fiction - All Genres (1,107), Biographies Autobiographies and Memoirs (1,016), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - All (740), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - UK (650), Social and Cultural History (325), World War II History (313), Reference (306), Hollywood History and Actors (295), True Crime (255), Jewish Holocaust History (253), Royal History (204), Contemporary and Historical Fiction (147), Favorites (143), Women's Studies (141), Women's Fiction (125), Victorian and Edwardian England (123), American History (121), Foodies Topics (119), Food History and Studies (117), Photography (102), Pictorials (101), Trivia (99), Survival and Adventure - Nonfiction All (96), Silent Film Actors and Movies (86), Photoessays and Documentaries (74), Photographers (74), Classic Literature and Modern Classics (72), Travel - General (69), American Civil War Nonfiction (63), Cookbooks and Drinks (60), Satire and Humor (60), Ancient History (60), Diaries - Letters and Journals (59), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - USA (57), Travelogues and Essays (53), Wealthy Elite (53), Spiritual and Inspirational Studies (51), Shipwrecks Survival at Sea (49), Aristocracy (45), Emperors - Empresses and Caesars (44), Nazism and Fascism (43), Social Sciences (41), Rock and Roll History (39), Domestic and Servant History (39), Advice - Self Help and How-to (38), British Nobility (38), Ancient Roman History (38), Juvenile Modern Literature & Classics (38), American Western Frontier History (37), Fashion History and Studies (36), Pop Culture (35), Metaphysical and New Age (34), Filmography (33), Ghosts Hauntings and Paranormal - Nonfiction (32), Wilderness survival (32), Political Leaders (32), Gilded Age (31), Organized Crime - Mafia and Gangsters (31), Ghosts Hauntings and Horror Fiction (31), Artists and Art History (31), Sexual History and Studies (31), TV History - Actors and Personalities (30), Maritime History (29), Slavery (29), Curiosities and Wonders (28), Astrology (27), Science and Nature (27), Luxury Ocean Liners Disasters (25), Architecture (25), American Presidents (24), Juvenile Fiction and Nonfiction (23), African American History (23), Jack The Ripper History (23), Medical Humanities (22), Erotica (22), Encyclopedias (22), Titanic History (21), Prostitution (20), Short Stories (19), Romanovs (19), Antebellum South (18), Health and Fitness (18), World War I History (17), Life Sciences - Biology (17), Vietnam War (16), African American Literature (16), American First Ladies (16), Photography Study Guides (15), Courtesans and Royal Mistresses (15), Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies (15), Crafts and Hobbies (14), Manson Family Murders (14), Photo Techniques (14), Russian Revolution (14), Psychology and Psychiatry (14), French Revolution (13), Literary Criticism and Theory (13), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Australian (12), Museums and Exhibitions (12), Authors (12), Reincarnation (12), Novelists and Writers (12), Interviews (11), Foreign Language (11), Journalists and Journalism (11), Travel Guidebooks (10), World War I Fiction (10), World History (10), Dysfunctional Families Studies (10), Travel Backpacking - Nonfiction (10), Gladiators (10), Anatomy (10), Nature and Animal Studies (10), Photojournalism (10), Ghosts Hauntings and Horror Fiction - Anthologies (9), Artist Tools (9), Book of Lists (9), Political Families (8), Beauty Remedies (8), Classic Stage Plays (8), Composition and Creative Writing (8), Palaces - Chateaux & Country Houses (8), John F. Kennedy Assassination (8), Mountain Climbing (8), Global Sex Trade and Human trafficking (8), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Canada (8), Comic Strips (8), Food Essays (8), Cultural and Social Anthropology (8), Appalachian Mountain Studies (8), F-Re-P (7), Christmas Related (7), Castles and Cathedral History (7), Dictionaries (7), Travel and Backpacking Fiction (7), Linguistics (7), Presidential First Families (7), Fairy Tales - Folk Tales and Mythology (6), Meditation (6), Mental Health (6), Poetry and Poets (6), German - Language (6), French WW II Resistance (6), Political Science (6), World War II Fiction (6), Pornography History (6), Quotations and Anecdotes (6), Celebrity Deaths (6), Napoleon Related (6), History Prehistoric (5), Ireland (5), Crime Thrillers and Mystery Anthologies (5), Mount Everest (5), Forensic Science (5), Puzzles and Games (5), Classic Singers (5), Infectious and Contagious Diseases (4), Folklore and Mythology (4), French - English Dictionaries (4), Criminology (4), Reconstruction of the South (4), Intelligence & Espionage (4), Donner Party (4), Africa (4), Sultans (4), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Irish (4), Black Death History (3), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Dead Wife Suspense (3), 20's Flappers (3), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Sweden (3), Cooking Terms and Education (3), Philosophy (3), Parapsychology (3), WWII Espionage Thriller Fiction (3), Ethnic Studies (3), Mummies (3), Language Arts (3), Cognitive Psychology (3), Native American History (3), Criticism & Interpretation (3), Memory (3), Science and Fantasy Fiction (3), Geography (2), Songbooks (2), Global Sex Trade and Human trafficking - Fiction (2), Oceanography (2), History of Photography (2), Medical History (2), Borrowed (2), Self Help (2), Chateaux & Country Houses (2), Pirates (2), Medical Anthropology (2), Sanitation History (2), World Religions (2), Sign Language (2), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Danish (2), Playboy Mansion (2), U.S. Presidential Elections (2), Medical References (2), Classic Horror Film History (2), Commentary (2), Papal History (2), Cambodian Genocide (1), Family Activities (1), Tunnels (1), Politics & Philosophy (1), How-to (1), Afghan War (1), Home Improvement (1), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Norwegian (1), Legal Issues (1), Proverbs (1), Russian Nobility (1), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Russian (1), German - English Dictionaries (1), Vaudeville - Cabaret and Burlesque (1), Labor and Industrial Relations (1), UFOs and Extraterrestrials (1), Crime Thrillers and Mystery Rererence (1), Intelligent and Psychological Test (1), History Of Technology (1), Children Songs (1), Ethic Clothing (1), Dream interpretation (1), Astrophysics and Space Science (1), Wall Street Crime (1), Society (1), Subways (1), Earth Sciences (1), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - Middle Eastern (1), Refugees (1), Aircraft Survival (1), Underground History (1), Sheet Music (1), Sexuality (1), Rocks and Minerals (1), Crime Thrillers and Mystery - France (1)
- Nøgleordssky, Forfattersky, Nøgleordsspejl
- 18th-19th Century Britain, Ancient History, Bug Collectors, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, English History - Tudor through Edwardian, Girlybooks, History at 30,000 feet: The Big Picture, List Five Books Parlour Game, Military History, Non-Fiction Readers, Photography, Social history, The People of World War II, What did YOU buy today?, Women of Mystery, World History
- Kommet til
- Dec 31, 2008
- Real Name
- About My Library
- It certainly has been a challenge to list and log all my books past and present. Nevertheless, I believe I am getting there. It has been a daunting chore at times to go through my seven huge bookcases to try to find the books I want to list. Many of them won’t be listed because I do not have the patience to go through them all. Some have been sold or given away; a few were library books, much is packed away in the attic and others will be lost in my gray matter forever because I cannot recall all the books I have read; unless I happen upon a book in someone else's library or a topic, I have read about comes into conversation. Only then do I seem to remember a book and list it.
As anyone can see I have a diverse interest in reading material. However, subjects pertaining to the darker side of life seem to dominate my library. I learned early in life things that you fear are best confronted than to suffer the fear of the unknown. I guess you could say I am on a quest to conquer those bogey men who sleep under our beds at night. I believe knowledge helps to dispel most fears I have.
Many of my family and friends have always expressed some surprise in my reading material – especially things pertaining to war, violence and death. I don't come across as one who would read books pertaining to holocausts, wars, murder and horror, (at least that is what I have been told), and sometimes I do prefer the classic romance; an erotic novel or other “womanly” things such as fashion, leisure, travel, the arts, self-help and social topics. Being an artist, I am curious to see what’s under all that fluff we call normal. I have an insatiable curiosity of life as well as death and the unknown.
Distrust a course in reading. People who really care for books read all of them.
1.) The more you read, the better you get at it; the better you get at it, the more you like it;
and the more you like it, the more you do it. 2.) And the more you read, the more you know;
and the more you know, the smarter you grow.
~Author, Jim Trelease
- About Me
- Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Vincent Bugliosi, Truman Capote, Patricia Cornwell, Andy Edmonds, Marian Fowler, Antonia Fraser, John Gilmore, Christopher Hibbert, Zora Neale Hurston, M. M. Kaye, Stephen King, Harper Lee, Jack London, Robert K. Massie, Joe McGinniss, Barry Paris, Sylvia Plath, Joanna Price, Danuta Reah, George Bernard Shaw, Shel Silverstein, Abbie Taylor, Thomas Thompson, John Toland, Henri Troyat, Mark A. Vieira, Weegee, Alison Weir
- Interesting Library
På dette site bruger vi cookies til at levere vores ydelser, forbedre performance, til analyseformål, og (hvis brugeren ikke er logget ind) til reklamer. Ved at bruge LibraryThing anerkender du at have læst og forstået vores vilkår og betingelser inklusive vores politik for håndtering af brugeroplysninger. Din brug af dette site og dets ydelser er underlagt disse vilkår og betingelser.